Subject: Re: IPv6 NDP and DAD bug in 1.5?
To: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2000 11:25:43
>> 	"server" is not seeing the neighbor solicitation packet from "drifter",
>> 	and that is the very reason DAD is not working.
>Yes, I agree. But did you see that the server *does* see the pings
>from drifter to ff02::1:ff00:2? Wouldn't that mean that mutlicast
>through the switch is ok?

	this could mean that the outgoing interface on "drifter" is not
	initialized properly and cannot generate packets right after the
	initialization, or whatever.  it basically is a timing issue - there
	are some delay factor implemented in the kernel code, but for some
	of the drivers/ethernet cards they are not enough.

itojun