Subject: A/D board drivers
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/2000 22:03:39
Has anyone tried writing a NetBSD driver for an A/D I/O board?

I am considering one that is programmed via reading and writing to a
block of 16 bytes in the IO address space.  The board can be polled
for the conversions or it can generate interrupts based on programming
the onboard clock chip.  It seems like the specs on the board give the
meaning of all the registers so I think a driver could be written
fairly easily.  I'm not a kernel wizard, however, and so am less clear
on what the best kernel design would be.

Is there anyone who would be interested in helping to design and write
a driver?

This is for an engineering project to construct an embedded system.  I
would love to see NetBSD be a leader in A/D support, but need some
help from the driver wizards.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook