Subject: Re: Random PID'
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/2000 23:28:26
Different functions for different things. There are certainly cases where
I want to mount things that can't have setuid or devices on them (someone
brings their disk to me to attach and move stuff onto. I don't want to
worry what's on there perhaps).

On the other hand random PID's doesn't solve anything. It just hides problems
and makes them harder to discover.

James