Subject: Re: Random PID's
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2000 11:36:58
On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 03:16:35PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Maybe we should have a note in the FAQ as to why we don't
> 	have the feature - anyone care to write up all the reasons?

I plan to package it tonight as misc/randompid so I can reply to Hubert in
tech-pkg ;-)

Precisely why I said:

> > >Then someone can
> > >
> > >a) Have the feature
> > >b) Know why it's not in the base system
> > >c) Understand why it was done that way.

And (a) - only for the sake of being able to say "Yes, you can do that easily
with NetBSD - though if you think you want that, perhaps there's something
you need to understand more thoroughly first..."

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,