Subject: Re: strange error during make build of netbsd-1-5 branch
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2000 22:29:03
On 5 Nov 2000, Laine Stump wrote:

: I last successfully built 1.5_BETA from cvs on Oct 18. Yesterday I did
: another update, and make build. The build churned away for about 4
: hours, got into the install part, and bombed out right after
: installing libexec/ld.elf_so:

: Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with running on an older kernel
: (it had also been built on Oct 18), I built a new kernel and installed
: it, then tried again (after another cvs update to make sure there was
: nothing new or locally modified) - same result.

I just pulled up the fixes for this last night, so it's likely you didn't
get them.  Update and build another kernel.

There's a bug with the expansions of __FILE__ in some of ld.elf_so's files,
and the kernel ends up mapping ld.elf_so in memory incorrectly.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/