Subject: cvs and source and documentation
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2000 19:36:26
I am following the instructions on
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/ to grab the source.

As instructed I do:

 CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot; export CVSROOT
 cd /usr/src
 cvs login # used anoncvs
 cvs checkout -P src

The page says "You should now have a full set of NetBSD sources in
/usr/src."

Then why does it put them in /usr/src/src, such as
/usr/src/src/bin/cat/cat.c ??

Am I reading the instructions wrong? Or am I doing something wrong? Or
are the instructions wrong? Should the instructions really say to "cd
/usr" instead of "cd /usr/src"?

Previously, I tried to just tried update my source -- which I now moved
out of the way to start new. But when I did a "cvs login" I received
 cvs login: can only use pserver method with `login' command
 cvs [login aborted]: CVSROOT: cvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

Also, I don't really want to track -current; but I want to keep up with
the 1.5 sources. For example, I see several 1.5-related snapshots over the
past few months including 1.5_ALPHA and now 1.5_BETA. (I have 1.5_BETA
binaries and kernel installed.) But I can't find any documentation on how
to track 1.5 (only how to track -current). Most likely this is due to my
on-going confusion.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/