Subject: Re: ld.elf_so makes everything core dump on i386
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/2000 12:18:01
On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Dave Huang wrote:

: I did a "make build" with yesterday's 1.5_BETA sources, and when it
: finished compiling everything and started installing, it crashed after
: installing the new ld.elf_so. All dynamically linked programs core dump
: with the new ld.elf_so; if I replace it with the previous version, all
: programs work fine again. I've done a "make cleandir" in ld.elf_so and
: rebuilt it, but it's still broken.

Known and being investigated now.  It's a very corner-case bug between the
file sizes and ld.elf_so.

One way to get it into a known working state is to revert the *libc* sources
back to the 1.5_BETA tag:

cvs up -rnetbsd-1-5-BETA lib/libc

This will, of course, be fixed before the 1.5 release.  :)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/