Subject: Re: Proper way to do C++ development under -current
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@excite.co.uk>
From: Rick Byers <RickB@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2000 09:41:06
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:

> >  Excellent, that -fsjlj-exceptions flag did the trick.  It doesn't appear
> >  to be documented in the man pages or info file.  The only documentation I
> >  found was in the gcc source which says using the "setjump/longjump"
> >  approach is the default (obviously not the case).  Just out of curiosity,
> >  does anyone know why this flag is necessary on NetBSD/i386?
> >
> >  Maybe it should be made the default mode for our gcc pacakge (atleast on
> >  i386 anyway)?
>
> I was under the impression that it was already set as the default by Krister
> some time ago.
>
> In fact a quick search of the mailing archives returned this link
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2000/06/08/0013.html

Ah, so it's the default for the in-tree egcs-1.1.2 - that makes sense
(since exceptions sort of worked with that, but never worked with
gcc-2.95.2).  I was suggesting that pkgsrc/lang/gcc also be setup to build
gcc-2.95.2 with -fsjlg-exceptions as the default on certain ports.

Rick

----
Rick Byers
University of Waterloo, Computer Science