Subject: Re: Rsync server for 1.5x?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2000 13:12:32
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 02:05:02PM +1100, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there an anonymous RSYNC server that contains the unpacked tarballs
> > that I can use to rsync-update my local system directories and files
> > (/bin, /usr/bin, /usr/lib*, ....).
>
> You mean, for the binaries ?

Yes, an unpacked NetBSD install tree.

> I don't think there is one; this would make a quite large amount of data.

While it would consume a lot of  disk space and CPU time it should
consume significnatly less network bandwidth.  Someone with two
different 1.5x releases may want to try an ``rsync -n'' to see how much
does get transfered.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll just re-download things en-mass.

	enjoy,
		Andrew