Subject: Re: 1.5 release date (Re: CVS commit: syssrc)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/2000 02:47:51
On Feb 6, 11:21am, Todd Vierling wrote:
} On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} : } 	syssrc/sys/conf [netbsd-1-5]: osrelease.sh
}
} : } Welcome to 1.5_BETA, at long last.
} :
} :      Yay!  Any guesses as to when the release will be?
}
} I wondered who would ask first.

     The same person that noticed the schedule slippage and asked about
it before.  :-)

} Since the schedule slipped--it should have been out a month ago--we're not
} putting down a strict date for fear of "we told you so"'s.  However, I can
} say that (as the builder for one of the CD distributions), we're pushing to
} get it out the door as soon as we can verify the stability of the BETA code
} tag.
}
} In short, "we're workin' as fast as we can".  :)

     At least this time, there was a response.  I know everybody is
doing their best, but the lack of communication from core / release
engineering can be frustrating at times.

     Anyways, I guess this means a one to two week beta test minimum,
followed by a minimum of one week to build the releases.  Add a bit of
slop time, and we're looking at a minimum of one month for the
release.  Is that about right?  Hopefully, we'll have the release
before christmas.

}-- End of excerpt from Todd Vierling