Subject: Re: Problems with various window managers
To: Jared D. McNeill <>
From: Oleg Polyanski <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2000 16:34:09
"Jared D. McNeill" <> writes:

 I've got the same problem.  And it very seems to  me that the source of  the
 problem is `gdk-pixbuf' package. Even more, I guess the real source is our C
 compiler (egcs  1.1.1) because some  optimizations are very buggy and affect
 other programms too (like ld.elf_so).

P.S. I'm running -current on ix86 under hacked XFree86 4.0.1 (with MTRR

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > In regards to your hanging window managers, do you have any core dumps you
> > can debug?
> They're not hanging, I'm just getting corrupted pixmaps on the window
> borders.
> > Or when it hangs and you manually kill X, maybe you can do a kill with
> > SIGQUIT so you get a core dump for X. Or maybe you could kill the window
> > manager to get a core dump for it.
> >
> >    Jeremy C. Reed
> >
> Jared

        -- Oleg Polyanski <>