Subject: Re: Idea: mount / from a subdirectory
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2000 10:09:46
On Fri 20 Oct 2000 at 18:45:19 +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 06:39:45PM +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > Suppose I have a complete NetBSD installation in some subdirectory, say
> > /vol1/destdir.alpha. I'd like to test it, without overwriting my present
> > root partition, or making another partition a root partition.
> >
> > The bootloader
>
> "The" bootloader? Which one, please?

The one that loads the kernel - the secondary stage booter, typically
known as /boot, which is linked with libsa, at least on VAX, Alpha,
BeBox, sun3 and i386 (as far as I can tell, and maybe even Amiga but it
uses only a .PATH to the libsa directory).

> > already supports loading kernels from arbitrary
> > partitions and paths, right?
>
> 	-is
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.