Subject: Re: doc/3RDPARTY
To: Mike Pelley <>
From: David Maxwell <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2000 10:50:30
On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 04:07:30PM -0400, Mike Pelley wrote:
> The 3RDPARTY document in the doc module contains a list of versions and
> maintainers for 3rd party software included in NetBSD -current.  It doesn't
> seem to indicate, however, which versions were available in a particular
> release.
> Is this available somewhere?  If not, I thought it might make sense to
> move/copy 3RDPARTY into the source tree somewhere (maybe basesrc/dist?), and
> tag/branch it with releases.

It would be useful for 3RDPARTY to be branched. 'doc' doesn't tend to be
branched, so that may be part of the issue.

Perhaps /usr/share/misc/3rdparty ?

A target could even be added to pkgsrc to make misc/3rdparty-pkg or some

David Maxwell,| -->
If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown