Subject: Re: HEADS UP: NetBSD ftp-server: packages/distfiles cleanup
To: Thomas Klausner <>
From: Alistair Crooks <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2000 03:41:09
My apologies to people on these lists, but a correction to the previous

We shall be deleting distfiles on that are older than 3
years, that being: (a) the retention time specified by the GPL, and (b) a
convenient time period for us(*). We shall also be deleting any binary
packages that are older than 3 years and that are still around on

If you'd like to make backup copies of the old distfiles, please do it
before 12:00 UTC on 26th October 2000.

[*] Yes, it's hard to believe that pkgsrc is over 3 years old, but we've
come a long way in those 3 years.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:18:47 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:

>  Hi!
>  Just a short heads-up:
>  At the end of next week, the distfiles directory on
>  will be cleaned up, removing all distfiles that aren't needed by the
>  current pkgsrc.
>  If you still want some of the older distfiles, please get them NOW
>  (or update to a newer pkgsrc).
>  Thanks,
>   Thomas
>  --
>  Thomas Klausner -
>  I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check.
>   -- M.C. Escher (1898-1972)

Alistair Crooks (

Say Bye to Slow Internet!