Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Terminal Server
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2000 20:18:56
[ On Monday, October 16, 2000 at 21:49:56 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Terminal Server
>
> The really big advantage of rtty is that it keep log files of the tty outputs.
> Can screen do this ?

Yup.  C-a H interactively or "log on" in ~/.screen

> Hum, I guess if you kill a screen to start another one from another place,
> you don't have this feature :)

You don't kill it outright -- you SIGHUP it and it detaches to wait for
a reattach -- the scroll-back isn't even lost.  This feature is of
course intended for flaky dial-up connections where you might lose your
modem connection but not wish to logout, however it works very well for
"sharing" a session amongst co-operating administrators too!

--
							Greg A. Woods