Subject: Re: anoncvs (us) refusing connections...
To: None <>
From: Bernd Sieker <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2000 19:14:24
On 16.10.00, 12:01:40, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:30:17PM -0700, Secret Asian Man wrote:
> > Attempting to update from fails with "server refusing connections..."
> >
> > Did the box croak again?
> Probably not, since pserver connections still go through.
> (If you created your tree with CVS_RSH set to `which ssh`, you'll need
> to use cvs's -d option.)
> I'd say just the sshd choked.
> Is anoncvs running's SSH or OpenSSH? If the former, why?

ssh -v shows the following:

  debug: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version FreSSH.0.3

(I did not try to initiate a cvs command, only an ssh connections
directly from the shell. It asked for password authentication.)

The NetBSD-1.5-in-tree-sshd replies like this:

  debug: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20000928

The norwegian server ( has the old, commercial
ssh, at least on port 11750:

  debug: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.27

Still, it works just fine.

>        ~ g r @

Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - the power to suave.