Subject: Re: CFLAGS and lfs
To: Rob Becker <BECKER@ab.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/2000 10:43:27
> Anyone know where in the source tree to set optimization flags for the
> c compiler? I would like to try and make the world with -06 if possible.

You can change /usr/share/mk/sys.mk or set /etc/mk.conf.

But beware: I used to build the world on i386 with -O6 for some time (just
to test this) and found at least two gotchas: the bootblocks won't work
and there were optimization errors in the softdep code, leading to random
crashes under heavy file system load. Going back to -O2 imediately fixed
this. (After I made fvdl spent much to many hours debugging this crash, argh!)

I won't try it again until we switched to gcc 2.95.2.

Martin