Subject: NFS strangeness with recent current.
To: None <>
From: Paul Newhouse <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/2000 22:11:39
Platform i386

I have two systems:
    pimin <---> toy

Toy exports a file system (/var/spool/nntpcache) to pimin.
This used to work when pimin was running a version of NetBSD
that was 3 or 4 months old.  Toy has been running:

   NetBSD toy 1.5_ALPHA2 NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA2 (TOY) #1:
      Tue Sep 19 19:53:40 PDT 2000
          newhouse@pimin:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/TOY i386

Last night I upgraded pimin to:
   NetBSD pimin 1.5_ALPHA2 NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA2 (PIMIN) #2:
      Sat Oct  7 14:34:03 PDT 2000
          newhouse@pimin:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/PIMIN i386

The source base for pimin is maybe a week old.

When I try to NFS mount /var/spool/nntpcache  on pimin from toy, I get:

  #  mount /var/spool/nntpcache
  mount_nfs: can't access /var/spool/nntpcache: Protocol not supported

This is the entry from pimin:/etc/fstab
  toy.wan.vpn:/var/spool/nntpcache /var/spool/nntpcache nfs noauto,rw 0 0
which is the same as it was before the upgrade.  Toy still exports
Am I doing something wrong?  What changed?