Subject: Re: High Point HTP370 IDE Help
To: The Hursts <thehursts@home.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2000 10:04:09
On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 01:06:02PM -0700, The Hursts wrote:
> Manuel, thanks for giving me the good news that it will work ;)
>
> I don't suppose any one knows if ATA/100 support is imminent, or if when it

I guess it'll be there when I'll do it, unless someone beats me :)
I'm waiting for the new hardware I've ordered, I hope there will be some
ATA/100 drives in it :)

> comes available if I use the ATA/100 disks as ATA/66 disks if I will have to
> do anything other than update the driver?

Only update the driver.

> I vaguely remember something about if I used ATA/33 drives as ATA/66 drives
> to switch to ATA/66 I would have to backup, reformat and re-install. Is this
> the case?

Hum, I can't see why you would need to do this. I regulary switch my
ATA/66 drives between ATA/33 and ATA/66 (and even ATA/100) controllers without
troubles.