Subject: Re: Wireless ethernet advise requested....
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2000 00:15:55
Ted Lemon <mellon@nominum.com> writes:

> > And you can do something similar with NetBSD boxes :)
>
> Yes, for about five times the price.   :'(

Where do you buy your PC hardware? Apparently not in the same back
alleys where I get mine... ;-)

Seriously, if I was in this position, I would be more concerned about
1) the extra room taken up by a PC (you wouldn't really want to be
hanging it from a ceiling like you can do with the little base
stations), 2) the possibly limited range of the card by itself vs. a
base station with an antenna (at least my Cisco base station has
antennas, don't know about the Airport as I've never seen one), and 3)
the presence of rotating media in a NetBSD box (ie, more potential for
something to break and require a visit to repair it.)