Subject: Re: Package apache php3 mysql
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2000 16:15:22
In httpd.conf when installing the package it told me to add to apache's
config file:
=== ## from original httpd.conf file
# Example:
# LoadModule foo_module lib/httpd/mod_foo.so
LoadModule php3_module lib/httpd/mod_php3.so
AddModule mod_php3.c
    # For example, the PHP 3.x module (not part of the Apache distribution - see
    # http://www.php.net) will typically use:
    #
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
    #
    # And for PHP 4.x, use:
    #
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    #AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

    AddType application/x-tar .tgz
    AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
####
in php3.ini (not httpd.conf)
#####
extension_dir=/usr/pkg/lib/php3
extension=mysql.so
#####
On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Markus Illenseer wrote:

> Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 11:04:42 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
> To: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
> Cc: current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Package apache php3 mysql
>
>  Found an old mail which discussed the problem I have...
>
> > Somehow I just skipped over that configuration option
> >
> > extension=mysql.o
> >
> > did the trick.
>
>  I still fail to run the apache package with php3 and mysql :-(
>
>  The above does not the trick for me. It does not matter what is configured in
> /usr/pkg/etc/php3.ini - httpd will seg-fault when started with the option
>
> LoadModule php3_mysql_module /usr/pkg/lib/php3/mysql.so
I think apache needs php3 module loaded (see above)
and php3 needs to have mysql module