Subject: Re: Wireless ethernet advise requested....
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2000 13:33:05
Brad Spencer writes:

> I presume that some are able to do both wireless end station to wireless
> end station *and* "notebook computer" to wireless end station if you have
> one that has two cards.

I would also assume this.  As they are using "store and forward" I don't see
why they can't use just one card.  It would require more buffer space though.

My understanding is that when multiple cards are used they are on different
channels.  So the accesspoint would have to have some way of ensuring that
wireless stations that wish to communicate with each other are on opposite
channels.  Otherwise I don't see how it would work, unless the accesspoint
can transmit back out the same card.

I don't think the two cards would be able to operate on the same channels
even if one was receiving while the other transmitted.  Unless the antennas
are somehow shielded from each other it is just going to be hearing itself.

So, I am not sure how this is supposed to work as I don't have one. :-)

-Andrew