Subject: Re: LFS partition limitations
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2000 09:23:59
}}> }> Hrm... that may not be enough, started copying things to /stuff, and the
}}> }> machine crashed.  The raid is now checking parity, and fsck just segfaults.
}}> }
}}> }Did you note the panic ?

I updated my source for 1.5 to be current as of yesterday (September 30,
2000) since it looked like there were some updates since the snapshot of
1.5ALPHA2.  I newfs_lfs'd the disk and mounted it.  It again couldn't
handle the newlfs until I doubled the logical segment size from the
default.  The machine panic'd again, this time it wasn't the scsi
controller's fault, probably. :)  I suspect it was lfs_cleanerd, at a
guess, as I mounted the filesystem and then did nothing else to touch
the filesystem, and after a little while it crashed.

lfs_writeinode: negative bytes (segment 0 short by 128)
panic: lfs_writeinode: negative bytes

Only this time I didn't get a core dump.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu