Subject: Re: Installfest report (alpha/pmax/hp300)
To: None <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2000 11:10:25
On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   The pmax used to detect that the disk label was from the miniroot
> install image and adjust the disklabel to reflect the true size of
> the disk.  I'd guess that this got broken somewhere along the way and
> should be fixed.

  Ah, I think I see what happened.  When the pmax install process
switched to a gzipped kernel containing a memory disk, the labeling
of the disk image changed, and no longer matches what the kernel
is looking for to detect the intall miniroot image.>

Michael L. Hitch
Computer Consultant
Information Technology Center