Subject: Re: arp problem
To: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2000 20:18:13
On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:31:28PM -0700, Andrei Petrov wrote:
> Thank you for help, yep kernel assumes and use longword alignment,
> and arp doesn't. Seems that ROUNDUP is popular in net*.
> I submitted patch for this into problem report.
	just about what I have.  In addition to using ROUNDUP I am also
going to use the length field instead of sizeof since one of those addresses
is actually only 8 bytes long.  This will also allow better bounds checking
in the kernel.
	The kernel will now return EINVAL unless it finds exactly the number of
addresses you say you're giving it and the amount of data you pass is exactly
the same as the sum of the sa_len fields.
	Could you please update to arp.c:1.25 and rtsock.c:1.42 and make sure
I didn't break anything?

eric