Subject: need good uaudio device
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@sakima.octoraro.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2000 13:37:54
Has someone had good or bad experiences with a particular
uaudio(4)-compatible device?  I have two applications:

 1. mp3-listening
 2. IP telephone calls

I will be using headphones for all this, so I don't want speakers.  I'm
interested in:

 1. good compatibility with the driver
 2. good sound quality (mp3-listening)
 3. full-duplex (VoIP)
 4. small size, so I can carry it around with an hpcmips box as USB
    starts to get solid over there.

in that prioritized order.  I don't care how much it costs.  If I actually
manage to get all four, I'll laugh.  If you've been using uaudio, please
just let me know satisfied you are with your device w.r.t. these features.
Please reply-to-poster, and I will send a summary to the list.  Thanks.