Subject: Re: What's up with pbsdboot.uu?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2000 16:00:56
On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 02:29:40AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> So, for about a month now, my cvs updates have died like this:
>   P arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot/pbsdboot.uu
>   cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
> That was fine for a while, but now I'd like to build a current kernel
> for i386. Having new files up to sys/arch/hpcmips/[...] and old ones
> afterwards makes that a bit difficult.
>
> So, I figure something's corrupt in my local CVS information, blow
> away /usr/src, and do a cvs checkout of it again. Bad idea:

I ran into this myself awhile back.  I never found out what the problem
was, but discovered I could work around it by using the "pserver"
access method, rather than ssh.  To do that, you need to set
CVSROOT thusly:

% setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

then do a 'cvs login'  (passwd is anoncvs)

If you've already got a CVS tree checked out, you need to change
the tree's idea where the root is.  There's an easy way to do this
that I can never remember, so I do it this way,  :)

% echo :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot >/tmp/Root
% find /usr/src -name Root -exec cp /tmp/Root {} \;

As far as the *real* problem, perhaps a problem with the ssh binaries
or cvs binaries on anoncvs.netbsd.org?

+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz