Subject: What's up with pbsdboot.uu?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2000 02:29:40
So, for about a month now, my cvs updates have died like this:

  # cd /usr/src/sys
  # cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot update -P
  [...]
  cvs server: Updating arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot
  P arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot/main.c
  P arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot/pbsdboot.config
  P arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot/pbsdboot.dsp
  P arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot/pbsdboot.h
  P arch/hpcmips/stand/pbsdboot/pbsdboot.uu
  cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

That was fine for a while, but now I'd like to build a current kernel
for i386. Having new files up to sys/arch/hpcmips/[...] and old ones
afterwards makes that a bit difficult.

So, I figure something's corrupt in my local CVS information, blow
away /usr/src, and do a cvs checkout of it again. Bad idea:

  # cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot checkout src
  cvs server: Updating src
  U src/Makefile
  U src/Makefile.inc
  U src/UPDATING
  cvs server: Updating src/bin
  U src/bin/Makefile
  U src/bin/Makefile.inc
  cvs server: Updating src/bin/cat
  U src/bin/cat/Makefile
  U src/bin/cat/cat.1
  U src/bin/cat/cat.c
  cvs server: Updating src/bin/chio
  U src/bin/chio/Makefile
  U src/bin/chio/chio.1
  U src/bin/chio/chio.c
  U src/bin/chio/defs.h
  U src/bin/chio/pathnames.h
  cvs server: Updating src/bin/chmod
  U src/bin/chmod/Makefile
  U src/bin/chmod/chmod.1
  U src/bin/chmod/chmod.c
  cvs server: Updating src/bin/cp
  U src/bin/cp/Makefile
  U src/bin/cp/cp.1
  U src/bin/cp/cp.c
  U src/bin/cp/extern.h
  U src/bin/cp/utils.c
  cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

What gives?

Guess I'll just ftp syssrc.tar.gz...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net