Subject: Re: Investigating a printer...
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/2000 23:41:51
On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 10:49:16PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:

 > I'm looking for a list of NetBSD-friendly printers or, conversely,
 > printers to avoid.  We've been printer-less for about the last, oh,

I dig my Lexmark E310:

ulpt0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
ulpt0: Lexmark International, Inc. Lexmark Optra E310, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 3, iclass 7/1

That's on an ohci card plugged into my AlphaStation 200.  Combined with
Magicfilter (from pkgsrc) and Samba, it makes quite a nice printer.

Anyway, it also has a parallel port.  So, it'll work either way.  USB
is faster, tho :-)

It does postscript natively, and is pretty inexpensive, and relatively small
and quick.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>