Subject: Re: Package apache php3 mysql
To: John Hayward <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/2000 21:35:28
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, John Hayward wrote:

:    I've built and installed packages apache ap-php3 and php3-mysql (along
: with mysql) on a 1.5ALPHA2 system.  I can get a php3 page to work when it
: does not attempt to connect to a mysql database.  I see the in
: /usr/pkg/lib/php3 and the php3.ini file has that for the extension_dir.
: The php_info() show that as the extension_dir as well.

You need to also add:

to preload the extension, or else add:

to the top of the script.  My memory is a little faded, but that may be
"extension" (without the plural) in the first one.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *