Subject: Package apache php3 mysql
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/2000 20:19:37
Dear NetBSDers,
   I've built and installed packages apache ap-php3 and php3-mysql (along
with mysql) on a 1.5ALPHA2 system.  I can get a php3 page to work when it
does not attempt to connect to a mysql database.  I see the mysql.so in
/usr/pkg/lib/php3 and the php3.ini file has that for the extension_dir.
The php_info() show that as the extension_dir as well.
   However I see no information about mysql in php_info and attempting to
connect returns with an error:
Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect()
   Is there some other configuration thing I need in apache or php3 in
order that the mysql functions are available?
   Is this related to the elf switch in 1.5?
Pointers appreciated - TIA.
johnh...