Subject: USB CDRW
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/2000 15:33:44
So, I'm experimenting with an iomega ZipCD 650.  (It was cheaper than all the
other USB CD-RW gizmos...)

It almost works with cdrecord 1.10a4.  Specifically, it writes the data tracks
fine, but fixate fails.

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea whether there might still be quirks in
our USB<->umass<->scsibus interface that might explain the instantaneous
failure of this command...  "blank" also fails, in much the same way.  I
emailed Joerg Schilling about this, but I thought I'd see if anyone knew of
any local color or quirks.

The drive is likely to stay with me anyway (because it is visibly compatible
with my Mac systems too), but I am idly curious as to whether people have
other drives working with this.

-s