Subject: Spam filtering --an idea
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2000 23:34:10
Hello from Gregg C Levine writing to support himself not his company
Here is an idea related to our discussion of last night. My ISP uses the
services of BrightMail www.brightmail.com to do its Spam filtering.
Currently its successes are now down to 50%, but as of the beginning of
Summer, they were running up to 97%. They will also clobber certain viruses.
Although they did miss the LifeStages one that infected a subscriber to a
Win32 product support list, that is his place was infected, and the items
that were sent out, all contained it. Dr. Who, [The Computer], and I,
stopped it locally. Just a suggestion. I don't work for either company. All
that needs to be done, is that the List Owners of all of the NetBSD lists,
who have been Spammed, should just contact them through the web site. Once
activated they will do the rest. Send all complaints directly to me, all
compliments should go to the list.
--
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke." Obi-Wan Kenobi