Subject: Re: lfs stuff not working...?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2000 12:54:20
On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 07:17:42AM -0400, Joseph Sarkes wrote:
> I am running -current, and tried out lfs on a partition aprox 20GB in
> size. E then started transfering stuff (entire tree) from a couple of
> other drives. It really screamed for a good while, but the next day my
> system was locked up. I made an ffs partition and the system didn't have
> any problems at all ===> In my opinion, lfs is still broken somehow.

"Me too" - the trouble is, I don't see how to find a clue as to what is going
on - I had a DIAGNOSTIC/DEBUG kernel, everything was frozen, the screen was
off in powersave - I couldn't read anything from the screen / no network
connectivity (once it did respond to pings), and no corefile on reboot. no
hints in log files. It's fairly reproducible: build world with a lfs /usr/obj.
(1.5E/i386)

Cheers,

Patrick