Subject: Re: spam to my list address
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/2000 21:53:46
On 9 Sep 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

: > >even if 'who' was completely disabled, there are other ways to get all
: > >or most e-mail addresses subscribed to the lists.
: >
: > granted, but it will keep the casually perusing spamfarmer out.

  [...]

: As I said, it's an exercise for the reader.  However, I suspect that
: anybody with the clue to use 'who' can use this mechanism (it's just
: as easy).

I suppose you're trying to imply EXPN, or perhaps a DSN request header?

The former doesn't work on the NetBSD lists (they use resend); the latter
doesn't work on the mail server I care about (mine).  8^)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/