Subject: Re: spam to my list address
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/2000 16:07:02
On 9 Sep 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

# Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> writes:
# > >even if 'who' was completely disabled, there are other ways to get all
# > >or most e-mail addresses subscribed to the lists.
# >
# > granted, but it will keep the casually perusing spamfarmer out.
# >
# > >Of course, you can shut them down to some degree, but if you do so
# > >completely you'd actually lose very useful functionality.
# >
# > um...how so?
#
# As I said, it's an exercise for the reader.  However, I suspect that
# anybody with the clue to use 'who' can use this mechanism (it's just
# as easy).

Is there a way we can restrict the 'who' stuff to people who are actually
members of the list?

# cgd

				--*greywolf;
--