Subject: quickly find what applications are affected by RSA
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/2000 10:27:24
How can I quickly find (or create) a list of BSD-related applications that
use the RSA algorithm?

(Not exactly, NetBSD related: OpenBSD says "A clever trick allows us to
distribute the same CD-ROM (USA and the rest of the world) and maintain
full strength crypto without violating the RSA patent in the USA." Does
anyone know what this clever trick is? Is it simply using a different
algorithm(s) instead of RSA's? And if so, are they better/worse?)

I am working on a short article that explains what effect the RSA changes
will make. If anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/