Subject: Re: 1.5 status???
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2000 11:59:18
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, David Maxwell wrote:

> I'm not convinced yet - I read it as "We release this patent, without
> giving up our right to sue someone who infringed our patent when it
> was valid."

TNF never infringed on RSA's patent, so we have nothing to worry about.

> Then you get into the game of "but really, we developed all this code
> this morning..." ;-)

Such a distinction is not meaningful. Public domain means "no
restrictions". The only "exception" to their announcement, is that
folks who agreed to pay monthly fees still have to pay. (Like when you
buy auto insurance on the installment plan, you still owe after you
wreck the car.)