Subject: Re: 1.5 status???
To: David Maxwell <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2000 10:46:26
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, David Maxwell wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 08:31:26AM -0500, Ron Roskens wrote:
> > The RSA algorithm is now (as of Sept. 6) in the public domain:
> >
> > See
> For "development done after Sept 6th". Which means if you worked on
> something before now, you still can't release it until after the 20th.
> (without risk)

I read that as, "People who signed contracts which expire on September
20 are obligated by the contract until September 20." As for entities
which _didn't_ sign contracts -- you can't put something in the public
domain and simultaneously put restrictions on it, so (IMO) NetBSD
could go ahead with the integration now.