Subject: Re: recovering from failures in "make update" on something with lots of dependencies
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2000 11:36:48
Sean Doran wrote:

>  How do people deal with bugs/glitches/failures/crashes/etc.
>that happen in the middle of "make update"ing a package with
>lots of dependencies?

If you mean recovery while making packages such that the process goes to
the next available package to build, I've got a simple script that does
this.  I kick off the script to try and build all the packages.  It keeps
a log so it can be restarted in the event of a power failure or system
crash.  If updates are made to the packages system it can be re-run and
tries to rebuild only those packages that were affected by the updates.
If anyone wants a copy of this script I'd be happy to pass it on.

-bob