Subject: Re: your mail
To: Roman Shakin <rshakin@unixfreak.org>
From: S.P.Zeidler <spz@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/2000 08:57:25
Hi,

Thus wrote Roman Shakin (rshakin@unixfreak.org):

> Hello, I have a slight problem with my Atlon PC. I have a KA7-100
> motherboard with a 750 Atlon, It has a hpt-370 hd controller built
> in. What I want to know is: what is a normal operation temperature for an
> atlon 750 processor and does NetBsd support's hpt-370 controller
> card's. If so where can I get the Info on how to get it working, and is
> there any faq or howto that relates to Atlon based systems and NetBsd.

Why would one need a FAQ on Athlon based systems? It's just one more i386.

I run a Socket-A Athlon (also 750) in an Asus A7V motherboard.
Kernel with options I686_CPU, set, go.

According to the AMD webpage (and they do have loads of docs) a Socket A
Athlon will take 90 degrees Centigrade, a Slot A only 50 degrees
Centigrade though.

HPT370 is supported by NetBSD as was mentioned in an earlier thread. It's
in pciide, so you need a kernel that includes that. As "unixfreak" you are
able to compile yer own kernels, aren't you? It's quite documented.

regards,
	spz
--
spz@serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)