Subject: Re: SSH?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/2000 06:51:02
On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 02:19:02PM +0200, Feico Dillema wrote:

 > Is (Open-)SSH incorporated in NetBSD-1.5 and/or -current? I see a
 > src/etc/rc.d/sshd using paths like /usr/sbin instead of /usr/pkg/sbin
 > etc on the 1.5 branch, but haven't been able to find ssh in the source
 > tree or in the systemdirs after a make build. So, is this coming up or
 > is my source tree messed up somehow?

The plan is to incorporate a Secure Shell into 1.5.  It has not been
added to the mainline yet for various reasons.

It may or may not be OpenSSH-based.  I have been hacking on OpenSSH,
fixing bugs, adding features that at least I've come to expect from
a Secure Shell implementation, but I'm convinced that using OpenSSH
is not the right approach.  There may be another, totally independent
Secure Shell implementation available for us to use when it's time to
pull it into the mainline.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>