Subject: Re: HPT366, NetBSD support
To: None <Guenther.Grau@epost.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2000 18:59:44
On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 06:12:13PM +0200, Guenther.Grau@epost.de wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> while browsing the netbsd mail archives I found your
> email concerning HPT366/HPT370 support.
>
> Does this include support for HPT368 as well?

What's the HPT368 ? Any pointers to docs ?

> Will NetBSD be able to use the RAID features of
> the HPT370(/HPT368)?

Not directly. The RAID features of the HPT (this is true for promise too)
is software RAID, hardware is just a standart pciide controller.
NetBSD can do software RAID (and I use it :) but the format is not compatible
with the HPT's BIOS. So you can't boot directly from a RAID partition,
you need to workaround this (a small boot partition on both disks,
with the same kernel on all of them).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>