Subject: OBJ directories mishap... Whaa...?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/2000 15:08:48
--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

This is with netbsd-1-5. I haven't tried with -current yet.

I've just recently updated my sources, and for some reason object
directories are being created as actual directories in my source tree.
This can't work, because I have multiple architectures building from
the same tree. Using OBJMACHINE is insufficient, because I want the
object stuff separated out entirely.

What might be causing "make obj" to do this? I've got BSDOBJDIR set in
/etc/mk.conf, but neither having it set in the environment nor nailing
it down on the "make" command line helps. I haven't had time to track
this further yet, but I assume the answer'll be immediately obvious to
someone.

FWIW, I remembered reading some stuff about sharesrc/share being different
from basesrc/share or something, so I checked that out separately to no
avail.

Thanks in advance for clues.

--=20
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  I m m a n e n t i z=