Subject: Re: netbsd-1-5 build failures
To: Dwight Tuinstra <tuinstra@clarkson.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/2000 23:28:26
>    cleandir ===> share
>    make: don't know how to make cleandir. Stop
>        so, today, did "cvs update" from /usr/src.

Check /usr/src/share, you will find that Makefile and Makefile.inc
are MISSING. Your update output probably has a message about those
two being "no longer in the repository".

I ran into this a month ago and requested that a CVS guru investigate it.

It was suggested that I use -rnetbsd-1-5 with the update command, but that
did not prevent the files from disappearing.

So I have given up on release branch update operations for the time being.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com