Subject: Re: NetBSD Terminal Server Advice???
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/2000 22:57:29
On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 05:46:31PM -0400, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> > Also, how many ports do the devices have? With two serial cables per
> > machine, its pretty easy to get to a point where a Cyclades (or
> > Rocketport, drivers, sigh) starts to win on cabling count.
>
> The Inland adapter has one port.  I've only seen max two ports on a USB
> adapter.

Digi have a 8-port box (also has 2 hub ports). I have had
positive answers to requests for documentation several times
over a long period of time, but so far I still don't have any.

It has an Intel USB microcontroller and two 16552's, but I
believe it uses a custom serial protocol rather than one that
just bridges the 16552's.

--
Soren