Subject: nfs lockup on alpha multia
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/2000 20:17:23
Well, I downloaded and installed the thorpe alpha snapshot
with the fixed de driver. My total latchup of my multia from
nfs use seems to be changed now. Rather than the looping I reported
last time, it now just wedges nfs/ethernet access. The error
code is something like nfs server not responding, and the multia
is not responding from the intel box. when I do a ping from the
multia I get ping: sendto: no buffer space available.
the intel box has a ping: sendto: host is down error message.

my next thing was to do a systat vmstat on the multia, at which
point it locked up. I don't really know the ddb debugger well
enough to get useable info out of it, but I can enter it.
trace didn't show much info, pretty much the keyboard interrupt
stuff to get into it from idle or something. when I gave it a
sync command, it froze up.

anyways, I'm willing to duplicate this if I have specific
instructions on what to do after it fails to garner useable
data for a fix.

Thanks for reading, if you made it down this far.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net