Subject: Re: Postfix
To: Pete Naylor <pete@supernal.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/2000 15:34:17
On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Pete Naylor wrote:

# I've tried asking the question simply and quietly and got ignored.  Next I
# tried voicing my concerns a little more directly, and the response I got
# back was essentially "we like postfix, and we think everybody else should
# too".  Nobody has given any sound justification for this change.  If I
# seem a little mad about this, it's because I am.  I've been using NetBSD
# for a long time, and I really like it because I regard it as a steady and
# reliable option which I can always come back to for an OS which is not
# bloated or cruftified by software which tries to win the feature wars by
# including trendy software of the day.  I really don't appreciate that a
# few people have apparently chosen to change that for me and all the other
# NetBSD users - unwilling to discuss the issue or provide and real
# reasoning/justification.

Welcome to NetBSD.  We went through this sort of thing regarding the
conversion from /etc/rc to /etc/rc.d and will probably go through it
again when it comes time to bring up the proposal of splitting up rc.conf
into a bunch of little unmanageable files in rc.conf.d.  So it's not like
this is the first time this has happened.

FWIW, I think it ought to be an install choice and not a mandate.

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: My Computer Runs!