Subject: Problems with rpcbind
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/2000 08:44:08
I just upgraded a system to -current and it no longer exports NFS drives.
I get the following in the log on startup:

Aug 16 07:06:52 smaug rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp6: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Aug 16 07:06:52 smaug rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp6: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Aug 16 07:06:52 smaug rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Aug 16 07:06:52 smaug rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp: servname not supported for ai_socktype

I tried to get all the new /etc files merged into my /etc including netconfig
which has this:

udp6       tpi_clts      v     inet6    udp     -       -
tcp6       tpi_cots_ord  v     inet6    tcp     -       -
udp        tpi_clts      v     inet     udp     -       -
tcp        tpi_cots_ord  v     inet     tcp     -       -
rawip      tpi_raw       -     inet      -      -       -
local      tpi_cots_ord  -     loopback  -      -       -

Is there some other file I need to adjust here?