Subject: Re: Postfix
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/2000 21:59:03
On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 12:34:44PM -0700, Pete Naylor wrote:

> In the case of postfix, you also wind up with a bunch
> of binaries, which is neither good nor bad in respect to the theoretical
> consideration above. In practice though, it's ugly and more prone to have
> one component fail and cause a mess that's difficult for someone unfamilar
> with the software to diagnose.

postfix check?

Anyway: after 10 minutes of reading online docs and usign vi, I had configured
postfix to do what I had failed to do in the 5 years before with sendmail:
make the damned think NOT cause the resolver to trigger the dialup IP
connection when writing mail. And yes, I've listend to lots of people that
know and used all their recipes.

The side effect was that it needs about 10% of the cpu load when a bunch of
mails come in at the same time.

Regards,
	-is